Saturday, April 24, 2010

Where's the View?


We had just seen an episode of "Check Please, Bay Area," where one of the reviewed restaurants was a place called "Bette's Oceanview Diner," (which has no view whatsoever--and even if it did, it would be of San Francisco Bay), which is in Berkeley. I was driving home from my meeting around lunchtime and decided to check it out. One of the reviewers had praised the pancakes to the skies and when the waiter told me that "ricotta lemon pancakes" were the day's special, I decided to try them. I wouldn't say I was blown away--and next time I'll try regular pancakes. But all the food was delicious, the service was great, my eggs were cooked exactly the way I like them, and the sausage was also good. I would definitely go there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment